Tuesday 15 February 2011

Diamanda Galas - Brixton Academy - 26.02.1989 (DVD)






Pro-Shot of Diamanda Galás solo at the piano. Very powerful performance. Thanks to the original uploader.

Original Info File:

PAL 720x576 MPEG2
256kb/s AC3 BITRATE 9216 FRAMERATE 25000

2 songs

01. Let My People Go
02. Artemis

Diamanda solo at piano.

Big World Cafe was a Channel 4 Alternative/world music show recorded at the Brixton Academy in London.
Here diamanda prefigures her 'the singer' lp by a couple of years by performing solo at the piano. ther tv appearances include a performance on the Tube where she seemed hellishly possessed if that's not too much of a cliche.I know that she had been living somewhere in London somewhere around this time since Kid Congo Powers told me he was painting her new flat a couple of years earlier.
Not sure if that was still true at this point. I would assume so.
There is a brilliant interview/article about her in a copy of Forced Exposure. The recent article in Terrorizer was interesting too.

some pieces of info I gathered over the years
1) she was married to John french, Drumbo of Magic Band fame
2) she had a brother who died of AIDs
3) she's of Greek descent & Greek Orthodox church> I don't know how well that went with Drumbo's Xian beliefs which I would think more prosaic.


Dead Link

No comments:

Post a Comment