Saturday 18 April 2015

Peter Hook & the Light - The House of Blues, San Diego, CA, USA - 26.11,2014 (Flac)



Thanks to the original uploader.

Original Info File:

SOURCE:
SP-CMC-8 (w/Mods) > SP-SPSB-11 (95Hz Roll Off) > SONY PCM-M10 > Sandisk Mini-SD Card (16gb - Class 10)

TRANSFER:
.WAV > Adobe Audition 5.5 (normalize/amplify) > CD Wave (Track Splits) > Trader's Little Helper > Flac (Level 8)

SETLIST:

01. Intro
--- Joy Division Set ---
02. Exercise One
03. No Love Lost
04. Leaders of Men
05. The Drawback
06. Heart & Soul
07. New Dawn Fades
08. Shadowplay
09. (set break)
10. Intro #2
--- Brotherhood Set ---
11. Paradise
12. Weirdo
13. As It Is When It Was
14. Broken Promise
15. way of Life
16. Bizzare Love Triangle
17. All Day Long
18. Angel Dust
19. Every Little Counts
20. (set break)
--- Low Life Set ---
21. Love Vigilantes
22. The Perfect Kiss
23. This Time of Night
24. Sunrise
25. Elegia
26. Sooner Than You Think
27. Subculture
28. Face Up
29. (encore break)
--- Encore ---
30. Thieves Like Us
31. Ceremony
32. Temptation
33. Blue Monday
34. Outro

NOTES:

This was my second time seeing Peter Hook and his band (the first time, back in Dec. 2010, they weren't know as "The Light" yet), and I was ecstatic about it.  Being a huge JD/New Order fan, and knowing that New Order themselves don't play the deep cuts at their shows, I couldn't wait to hear Peter Hook and the band bust out some New Order greats, even if it isn't technically the real band or whatever.  The opening Joy Division set was okay but it was lacking some "Digital" and "Disorder" in my opinion ("Dead Souls" would have been great too of course), therefore the highlight of the night was defintely the two New Order albums back to back.  And as much as I love Bernard and New Order, I have to say Peter's versions of "The Pefect Kiss" and "Bizzare Love Triangle" are 100x better.  It was a little odd they didn't end the encore with "Love Will Tear Us Apart", but what can ya do?  I was a little worried about how this recording would turn out, given I had never even been to this venue before (let alone a showin San Diego period) and I had to sorta hide my mics with a hoodie on (must have been the only person inside wearing a zipped up hoodie) but I actually think it turned out great!  So happy I had decided to bring out the recording gear for this (I almost didn't).  I went with two friends, and they knew I was recording, but they still tend to lean over and whisper/talk near me every once in a while, but it doesn't happen that often.  Enjoy, and I hope Peter Hook and the Light make it out to the desert in April...

Check out my site:

http://www.coachellarecordings.com
http://www.facebook.com/coachellarecordings
http://www.twitter.com/livecoachella

***DO WHATEVER YOU WANT WITH THIS RECORDING EXCEPT SELL IT, OR ELSE THE KARMA POLICE WILL GET YOU***


san diego


No comments:

Post a Comment